Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This just in...

this just in (I’m also sending of copy of this via email because of the short notice):

I managed to arrange a possible slot for an interview with Dr. Paolo Petta, who is a researcher and lecturer at the OFAI (Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence) and the IMKAI (Institute of Medical Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence).

His research focus is, among other things, on cognitive modelling, which deals with computer simulations that, within a usually limited domain, should behave (more or less) as people would do.

You can view his small website here:
http://www.ofai.at/~paolo.petta/

Thing is, he only has time on Thursday (tomorrow!), at 5:30 PM, for about an hour or so. Also, you two would have to conduct the interview, since I will be unavailable tomorrow evening.

--> If you can (and want to) do this interview, please let me know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, so that I can confirm the time slot with Paolo.

2 comments:

Dirk said...

The computer lab and his office are at Freyung 6, 1010 Wien, which is
about 250m east from the Hauptuni building entrance (i.e. three
minutes or so by foot).

As for public transportation, it is about 350m away from Schottentor
Underground Station (U2), and about 250m away from the Herrengasse
Underground Station (U3).

Here's a map of the building's location:

Link 1

Here's a more detailed map of the building complex, and where to go;
you'll probably meet up at Paolo's Office:

Link 2

I guess I could tell Paolo to start a couple of minutes later, 5:45 PM or so.

kathrin said...

He, are you both interesed to do a third interview with sombodoy who studied history, social and culturalanthroplogoy is currently working on the insitut for risk resarch?