Monday, April 21, 2008

Questionnaire

Here are my proposals for questions; I took the liberty to slightly modify your draft. I'm also thinking about using a web-based form (i.e. just sending out the invitations/links per email) and are looking into possible ways to realize this right now. I'll post an update as soon as I have a prototype, so that we can decide.

-- Dirk


1.) What is your scientific discipline?

2.) How long have your worked and/or studied in science?

3.) What does scientific progress mean to you? How do you personally contribute to such progress, if at all?

4.) Did you ever have the feeling that you created some radically new scientific knowledge? If so, can you describe how or why it happened?

5.) Would you say of yourself that you have a scientific paradigm? If so, did you ever consciously question it?

6.) What is your motivation to work or study in science?

2 comments:

Nata said...

I changed a bit some questions, please take a look:

3) What does scientific progress mean to you?
Do you see a progress in your scientific work?
Do you consider your personal progress to be important for the general progress of science?

or

What is your personal contribution to the progress of science?

4) Have you ever created radically new scientific knowledge?
If so, could you describe a moment when it happened?

5) Would you say about yourself that you have a scientific paradigm?
If so, have you ever consciously questioned it?

6) What is your motivation to work in science?

Dirk said...

Good points. I've changed the questions on the Google Doc site accordingly. Your text input there worked, by the way; your changed questions appeared on the results page :)